What counts as an urgent repair?
- A burst water service
- A blocked or broken lavatory system
- A serious roof leak
- A gas leak
- A dangerous electrical fault
- Flooding or serious flood damage
- Serious storm or fire damage
- A failure or breakdown of any essential service or appliance provided by the landlord or hot water, water, cooking, heating or laundry
- A failure or breakdown of the gas, electricity or water supply
- Any fault or damage that makes the rented premises unsafe or insecure
- An appliance, fitting or fixture which is not working properly and causes a substantial amount of water to be wasted
- A serious fault in a lift or staircase in the rented premises.
If an urgent repair arises before 8:30 am or after 5:30 pm during Monday to Friday, or any time of the day on Saturday or Sunday, you are authorised to contact one of our tradespeople direct.
If there is a call out of a contractor and it’s not deemed to be an urgent repair, then the tenant is liable for the payment of the account.
Emergency Contact Numbers
Cape Byron Craig 0422 246 409
Bomford Plumbing Luke 0421 678 424
Want Gas Plumbing 66865 792
Bangalow Pumps (water tanks) 0428 871 551
MG Electrical Mick 0417 205 019
Mr Electrical Alan 0411 395 593
M&T Maintenance Mark 0428 969 817
Chris Moon Chris 0415 379 318
Palm Valley Jaxson 0407 440 030
0499 712 514
Byron Locksmiths Blake 0438 864 792
SES: 13 25 00
Leaking taps/water issues – Turn the water off at the main located in a box, usually at the end of your driveway near the street. There is a tap, turn this off.
Power Issues – Check the meter box and reset the switch that has tripped, individually unplug your appliance and keep trying to reset the tripped switch.
Electric hot water – If your supply of hot water is not hot or does not seem to last as long as it should, your hot water system may need topping up. Locate the filler valve on the side of the hot water system and lift the floppy lever until water flows from the overflow. Repeat this process every few months. Otherwise, check the power switched on; has the power box tripped the switch or blown a fuse; or has your shower routine changed or increased (tank capacity and/or tariff rates will affect this). Remember in winter, efficiency of the tank is less than in summer and the water will cool quicker.
Non Urgent Maintenance
If your request is not urgent, please complete the online maintenance request or contact your property manager.