How Do I Prepare My Home For A Photo Shoot?
In order to present your property in the best light to potential buyers we have put together a quick guide to help you prepare your house for professional photography.
Our photographer will also work with you on the day to get the best shots of your property for the marketing campaign.
• The photo-shoot will take no more than 1.5 hours. We will be photographing both the inside and outside of your home, photographing all of the major rooms. We normally do not photograph the garage unless it has special features.
• If you have special features of your home that are not obvious please let the photographer know about these so they can include them in the shoot eg – creek, wine cellar etc.
• Contain pets in the garage or out of sight.
• Remove all vehicles from driveways and do not park directly in front of the house.
• Move garbage bins/ Sulos out of sight.
• Remove all garden tools including hoses and sprinklers.
• Mow and rake yard.
• Sweep driveways, paths and patios.
• Clear off counter tops in kitchen and bathroom areas.
• Remove photos, notes and papers from the refrigerator, sideboards, bedside tables.
• Turn on all interior lights- lamps, range hood lights etc.
• Turn ceiling fans and televisions off.
• De-clutter rooms which may be excessively furnished. They do not photograph well.
• Make all beds and tidy bedrooms. Clothes hung, or folded and put away.
• Remove piles of newspaper and magazines plus tv remotes.
• Tuck bins out of view in a closet or cupboard.
• Let the photographer know if your home contains valuable works of art. They can edit photos to make these items unrecognizable.
• Fresh flowers and a fresh bowl of fruit always add life to the shoot.
• Clean out bathroom – remove excessive shampoo bottles, toothbrushes etc.
• Leaves out of pool and remove and hide creepy crawly.